Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Braxton's Birthday


Well Braxton turned 6 on July 19th.  I can't believe how old he is getting.  He will start 1st grade on Monday.  It won't be so different for him because this will be his 4th year going full days.  He had two years of pre-school and 1 year of kindergarten all full days.  He is progressing so much. He can pretty much tell us whatever he wants.  We can't always understand but we try our best. Lately when he is ready for bed he says "night, night please"  we then take him up to his room and then he says, "out please" and pushes us out the door.  I love that he can do that on his own and that we don't need to prompt him.  Most things he needs prompting.  It is so nice to know that he is understanding a lot more and that he is able to express it.  We are trying to potty train him now and it is not any easy thing.  He has learned to hold it until we put a diaper on him for bed then he lets it all out.  It is frustrating but I'm sure he will get it one of these days.   He really enjoyed the candles being lit on his cake.  After he had help blowing them out he wanted me to light them again.  There has been a few times that he will get the lighter and say cake please.  It is so awesome that he is understanding things.  He has been begging to go to school.  He put his coat on and grabbed his lunch bag and dragged me to the door saying school please.  I can't wait for it to start.  He also loves to work.  We have an awesome girl named Candace that comes in 2 hours a day to work with him.  She has helped him so much.  We are going to miss her when she goes back to school in a couple of weeks. Braxton is such a sweet kid and we are so blessed to have him in our family. 

3 comments:

Jennica said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet sweet boy!!!! I just love him so much, he is truly an angel sent from heaven. =) I can't believe how fast he has grown...to think, I used to have him in my nursery class. I am so glad he is doing so well. A couple of months ago I hung out with him during sharing time. I found some flash cards that have pics of all different things on them and Braxton knew most of them! He really has a special place in my heart...as do all of your children and family!

Adhis said...

Dude! The fact that he says "please" puts him ahead of most adults! Fantastic kid, especially when he shares the treats with me. ;)

ChrissyLee said...

i just love him! :) i hope he enjoys his present!