Monday, April 5, 2010

Sara Michele Baker

September 15, 1974- April 4, 2010



My sister Sara was diagnosed with a brain tumor in the middle of January and had her first brain surgery on February 2. The surgery was successful and her recovery looked good. Complications arose and was admitted to the hospital again. I was able to go down with my mom, dad, brother and sisters on Valentines day. She was in good spirits and after 10 days of being in the hospital, she was able to go home.

More complications and back to the hospital to have her second surgery. During surgery, an artery burst, she slipped into a coma and never came out. I was able to be with my family to say our last goodbyes. Please pray for her sweet family.

Sara, I love you and miss you!


Sara's Obituary


St. George, Utah: Sara Michele Campbell Baker, age 35, passed away Easter Sunday, April 4, 2010 in Las Vegas University Medical Center. She was born September 15, 1974, in St. George, Utah, the first child of Roger and Jane Esplin Campbell. She was raised in St. George and graduated from Pine View High School, 1992. She married her first love and high school sweetheart, Brad Baker on June 8, 1996, in the St. George Temple. They are the parents of five children.

Sara loved to sing and had a beautiful voice. She was an amazing organizer. She also loved to plan and set goals. Sara was kind, tender, compassionate, genuine and wanted things perfect. She was active in the LDS Church and served as a Primary teacher and counselor, cub-scout den mother, and as a Relief Society Counselor. Her greatest love was her husband and children. She was such a good wife and mother. Her whole life was centered on her family. Family time was so important to Brad and Sara. Their children know how much they loved each other.

She is survived by her husband, Brad and children, Katelyn, Tyler, Kyle, Annie, and Avrie; parents Roger and Jane Esplin Campbell of Beaver; sisters Jennifer (Beau) Barney of Lehi, Amanda (Aaron) Felstead of St. George, Christina (Tamron) Lee of Cedar City and brother Michael (Meagan) Campbell of St. George; Grandfather - Bybee Campbell of St. George. Father and Mother-in-law Phil & Lynette Baker of Washington City.

Sara is preceded in death by: Grandparents, T. Lavoy and Phoebe Esplin, Clidene M. Campbell. Nephews: Brecken and Brayden Felstead. Niece: Audrie Campbell. Brother-in-law: Charlton Robert Palmer.

Funeral services will be Saturday, April 10, 2010, 11 am, Sunset 1st Ward, 82 N Dixie Drive, St. George. Viewing for friends and family will be held Friday, April 9, 6 - 8 pm at Spilsbury Mortuary and Saturday 9:30 to 10:30 proir to services. Interment will take place in Tonaquint Cemetery.

Special thanks to Dixie Regional Medical Center, St. George, Sunrise Hospital and University Medical Center in Las Vegas for their kind and compassionate care.

14 comments:

Dana said...

Jen my heart aches for your family at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family.

Adhis said...

Oh my goodness, Jen, I had no idea.

May all the sweetness and comfort of our Lord's atonement and your Beau's arms heal your heart, rest your mind, and nourish your faith.

Lyns said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I am at a loss for words! I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers and wish all of the comfort possible for all of you.

Englishfam said...

Jen, I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know the Lord will be right there with you through this if you will lean on Him. Big Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

I love you, Jenny! I will see you on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen I'm so sorry... I just can't stop..I will call you in the morning.

Heather said...

Jen- I am so sorry to hear that! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. PLEASE let me know if I can help in any way! PLEASE.

Crystal said...

Jen, I am so sorry for your loss! I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. We will keep you and all of your sweet family in our thoughts and prayers.

Kat said...

Jen, so sorry to hear of the loss. Our family is praying for you and your family.

Janae said...

Jen It was good to see you tonight. I hope that as time goes by the pain of the loss of Sara will get easier. You have an amazing family.

islandgirl said...

Jen, I just read this. I hope you have been comforted the last few days, and thank you for sharing her story here. You all are in my thoughts and prayers, including her children and husband.

Marie said...

Dear Jen,

I've been out of town and just read your post. I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

With love, Marie

Amy said...

Jen, I just came upon your blog and wanted to know that im so sorry for your loss. Please know my good thoughts, and prayers are headed your way and for your sisters family. If you need anything...please let me know.

Sheree said...

Jen,
A few of my friends were friends with your sister and shared her story, and it was heartbreaking to me, and I had no idea it was your sister.

I am so sorry. That must be so difficult for your family. I am so, so sorry for your loss.