Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The New Room

Here is the new room! It took forever to paint it because we had to put primer on it first to hide all the lovely blue. We thankfully had to put only one coat of the paint on though. The pictures really don't do it justice but at least you can see it a little. We also painted all of our bathrooms the darker color (the same color of the wall with the headboard) and all of the kids rooms the lighter color with an accent wall of the darker color. Our whole upstairs is completely repainted. Our next project is the main level. I will post more pictures of the upstairs and as we get the rest done I will continue to post that also. It has been a lot of fun and it has totally changed the look of our house. I actually can stand to be in my room longer than 5 minutes. We couldn't believe the change it made.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

It looks really nice Jen! Good job! Did you guys paint it yourselves?

Sara :) said...

I like how you have the two tone paint thing going on.Your room looks great.

Grandma Jane said...

Jen,
I love the color! Painting is hard work. Did you and Beau get through it without fighting? Dad and I can't paint or hang wallpaper together. Have a great day
Love MOM

Mandi said...

Jen it looks great! Man that did make a big difference. That's so fun that you are doing projects in your house, I dont know about you but it always makes me feel better.

Anonymous said...

Jen said...
Yes we did paint it ourselves. Yes we did get through it without fighting. And yes I feel much better. I just started taping up the main level so that we can continue.

Barney's said...

Hi guys! It's Beau. Jen's getting pretty good at this blogging stuff huh? Well, see ya later!

Abby said...

I like it!

Anonymous said...

Jen the paint looks great! i am very impressed.. I can paint one wall or a very small room and then i'm done.. it's hard work! Way to go guys! I'm so excited you have a blog.. now i can keep up on all the campbell girls.. yeah! and by the way.. your kids are so dang cute!!

Unknown said...

Rachel,
When are you going to get a blog? It is very addicting but it is fun.

Phoebe said...

Wow! Jen and Beau way to go on the painting it looks so good!? question? did you paint the walls blue in the beginning? I'm very impressed that you are moving on to the main floor... one room does me in!!! I feel it appropriate to give a shout out to Aaron Felstead at this time... my computer crashed on Monday... it has been traumatic... but the genius that he is got me back in business... Yes I do owe him big!!! hahah... love the blog guys! keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jen. I did that once when my kids were little. I would paint every afternoon while they were napping....can't remember which baby it was....probably Matt...anyway, it looks great!!! It makes me too tired now:(!! I love your blog! So fun to stay up dated....I have to agree with Phoebe with the shout out to Aaron...he got me on line on my laptop after he put a block on your parents wireless consnection so I haven't had the internet on my lap top for a while. He felt guilty and fixed me up, hahaha Thanks Aaron!!!

Unknown said...

No, we did not paint the walls and ceiling blue. We bought our house as a forclosure so we have had to put some work into it. The blue room is what made us want the house though. haha

Grandma Jane said...

Jen,
I can't wait to see the other rooms.

Yes Laurie and Phoebe, Aaron is a hero. I am glad laurie that you realized that it was Aaron that cut you off on my wireless internet. Not me!!!!!!